Thanksgiving Campfire Cooking Demonstration
Come join the park naturalist for a Thanksgiving inspired camp cooking demonstration. There will be snacks and some hot drinks. Enjoy some samples while they last.
- - Enjoy some samples while they last.
- - Learn about Dutch oven and foil pack cooking.
- - There will be marshmallows for roasting.
- - Hot drinks such as apple cider, coffee, hot chocolate
- - Try your hand at cooking some recipes.
- - Have fun and enjoy the day.
- - And yes, we will be cooking a turkey in the Dutch oven.
- - A mix of modern and old fasioned recipes.
- 10:00 am Breakfast Demo
- 10:30 am Journey Cakes
- 11:00 am Pizza Roll-ups
- 11:30 am Start Turkey
- 12:00 pm Ham/Cheese Melt
- 12:30 pm Prep Foil Packs
- 1:30 pm Greenbean Casserole
- 2:00 pm Cornbread
- 2:30 pm Almost Pumpkin Pie Candied Sweet Potatoes
- 3:00 pm Stuffing and cooking foil packs
- 3:45 pm Turkey carving
- 4:00 pm Dinner is served followed by desert, Gingerbread Delight
Menu and schedule could change
Saturday, November 16, 2019 at 10:00am
Cowans Gap State Park
6235 Aughwick Road, Fort Loudon, PA 17224-9801