During the peak of the annual Golden Eagle northern migration, spend an event filled weekend in central Pennsylvania with the opportunity to view these majestic birds. Enjoy the comforts and accommodations of the Nature Inn while experiencing the natural beauty of the surrounding forests and fields of Bald Eagle State Park. While Golden Eagles may be the weekends main attraction, there will be several other opportunities over the course of the weekend to observe Bald Eagles and other local bird life.
Friday evening will begin with dinner followed by a detailed look at eagle and hawk migration in Pennsylvania with help from guest speakers & the authors of the book, “Birds of Central Pennsylvania.”
On Saturday, guests will drive the short distance to Tussey Mountain where we’ll watch for a variety of hawks and migrating Golden Eagles with assistance from experienced hawk watchers. We’ll continue on to Shaver’s Creek Environmental Center for a hearty, hot lunch provided by the Innkeeper which will be followed by a live Birds of Prey program. To finish the day, we’ll return to the Inn for another specially prepared dinner followed by an Owl Prowl, including a nighttime stroll in search of nearby owls.
Finally round out this birding weekend with a Sunday Morning Migration Bird Walk after a hearty delicious breakfast!
“Tussey Mountain consistently records the highest seasonal totals & peak daily counts of migrating golden eagles in spring in the eastern United States.”
~ Birds of Central Pennsylvania
Please call 814-625-2879 to inquire about pricing.
- Two-night accommodations.
- Dinner Friday & Saturday, breakfast Saturday & Sunday, & a picnic lunch Saturday.
- Visit to Tussey Mountain hawk watch with experienced hawk watchers.
- Special guest presentation by the author of Birds of Central Pennsylvania.
- Live Birds of Prey program.
- Evening owl prowl & morning bird walk.
* Participants must provide their own transportation or carpool to Tussey Mountain.
* The walk to the hawk watch is about a mile over uneven terrain.
* Please dress for the weather as some activities will take place outdoors.
Sunday, March 10 at 3:00pm to 11:00am
Bald Eagle State Park
149 Main Park Road, Howard, PA 16841-3508
No recent activity