DiscoverE Family Adventures: Welcome to Bugtown (Week 1: Uncovering Bugtown)
DiscoverE Family Adventures: Welcome to Bugtown is the next generation in summer “camp” experiences! These choose-your-own adventure style family programs include:
- Introductory activities with the Jennings staff
- A loaner kit of tools to aid in your family’s investigations
- An adventure guide to complete together as a family
- Rewards! A special badge, certificate, and take-home fun for children who complete 3-4 days of different activities throughout the summer.
When? Week 1 July 7-12. Family groups (max 10 people) can register for their own time slot Tuesday through Thursday, Saturday, or Sunday at 9, 10, 11, or 1. (Register for no more than one time slot per week per family)
Who? Families with children ages 6-12.
- Week 1, July 7-12: Uncovering Bugtown (an introduction to the amazing world of insects and similar critters)
How? Registration is required for each week’s session by clicking the register button or by calling 724-794-6011. When registering, register a responsible adult, and provide names for participants and ages for children in the “Additional Info We Should Know” section. Valid Driver’s License required for kit reservation.
The following COVID-19 safety protocols will be in place:
- Masks: required for Jennings staff at all times; all participants must have a mask in their possession in case circumstances call for it to be worn. For example, masks must be worn indoors; masks are requested for participants during intro activities with Jennings staff as distancing may be difficult. Masks are not required while exploring on your own.
- Social Distancing: required between Jennings staff and participants
- All materials will be thoroughly sanitized
- All should practice thorough and frequent hand washing and sanitizing
- We ask participants to stay home if they have been diagnosed with COVID-19, are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, or have been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed or is experiencing symptoms.
- Waiver and contact info required for participants
- Adventure guides are available to print at home
Sunday, July 12, 2020 at 1:00pm
Jennings Environmental Education Center
2951 Prospect Rd., Slippery Rock, PA 16057-5023