Has the dead of winter got you down? Is cabin fever beginning to set in? Then join the staff of the Nature Inn at Bald Eagle State Park for an exciting winter package full of birds, brew, and everything local!
On Friday evening kick off your stay with a welcome dinner in the Great Room. After dinner their will be a local wine tasting from one of central Pennsylvania's premiere wineries, Seven Mountains Wine Cellars. After trying a few samples and picking out a favorite, guests will learn the art of wildlife painting with instruction from Paint Happy Valley Merlot to round out the evening.
After a hearty breakfast, Saturday morning, a Winter Bird Walk will take you along the trails of Bald Eagle State Park and introduce you to common winter bird species and the tools birders use to identify them. Lunch will feature a Pennsylvania Wilds original, Straub Brewery, as they provide a sampling of Straub beer and a talk about the historic St. Marys’ brewery. The afternoon will be a treat as we receive a private tour of the nation’s first “green” distillery at
Big Spring Spirits, located a short drive away in historic Bellefonte. Following the tour dinner will await us within the comfort of the Nature Inn. After dinner, participants will be treated to an evening of nocturnal nature and may even have the chance to communicate with a “ghost of the night”.
To round out your stay wake up early and join the park naturalist for a Sunday Morning Stroll and hit the trails one last time before checking out and concluding the weekend.
Please call the Nature Inn at 814-625-2879 to make reservations.
- Two-night accommodation.
- Meals included are dinner Friday & Saturday evenings, lunch Saturday, & breakfast both mornings.
- Local wine and beer tasting.
- Behind the scenes tour of a local “green” distillery.
- Nature painting session.
- Naturalist led programming.
* Participants must provide their own transportation or carpool to Bellefonte.
* If conditions permit, snowshoeing and cross country skiing equipment will be available for use.
* Please dress for the weather as some activities will take place outdoors.
Sunday, January 20 at 3:00pm to 11:00am
Bald Eagle State Park
149 Main Park Road, Howard, PA 16841-3508
No recent activity