Has the dead of winter got you down? Is cabin fever beginning to set in? Then join the staff of the Nature Inn at Bald Eagle State Park for an exciting winter package full of birds, brew, and everything local!
On Sunday morning kick off your stay with a Winter Birding for Beginners Walk that will take you along the trails of Bald Eagle State Park and introduce you to common winter bird species and the tools birders use to identify them. Lunch will feature a Pennsylvania Wilds original, Straub Brewery, as they provide a sampling of Straub beer and a short talk about the historic St. Marys’ brewery.
Sunday afternoon will be a treat as we receive a private tour of the nation’s first “green” distillery at Big Spring Spirits, located a short drive away in historic Bellefonte. Following the tour a locally sourced dinner will await us within the comfort of the Nature Inn. After dinner, participants will be treated to a historical fireside chat with a special guest speaker to end the evening.
Wake up to a hot breakfast Monday morning, followed by an outdoor Eagle Excursion as we set out to view our resident Bald Eagles as they begin their nesting season. At lunch, guests will be treated to a local wine tasting from one of central Pennsylvania's best wineries, Seven Mountains Wine Cellars! After trying a few samples, guests will learn the art of wildlife painting with instruction from Happy Valley Sip and Paint to round out your stay.
- One night accommodation.
- Locally sourced meals included are lunch and dinner Sunday, breakfast and lunch Monday.
- Local wine and beer tasting.
- Behind the scenes tour of a local “green” distillery.
- Nature painting session.
- Naturalist led bird walk.
- Special guest speaker.
* Participants must provide their own transportation or carpool to Bellefonte.
* If conditions permit, snowshoeing and cross country skiing equipment will be available for use.
* Please dress for the weather as some activities will take place outdoors.
All-inclusive prices start at $379, double occupancy.
Please call the Nature Inn at 814-625-2879 to make reservations.
Monday, February 19 to 3:00pm
Bald Eagle State Park
149 Main Park Road, Howard, PA 16841-3508